Although the ultimate responsibility always falls upon each individual production company and/or client depending on the needs of each production, below are the additional steps that BKS is implementing during COVID-19 to help be a part of the solution.
Production Crew and BKS Staff Must Wear a Face Mask at All Times
- Once you enter BKS everyone is REQUIRED to wear a mask or face covering in common areas AT ALL TIMES.
- This is for your safety and as a courtesy to our clients.
Production Crew and BKS Members Must Practice Social Distancing
- If you are around other people, keep 6 feet between you when possible. Avoid hugs, kisses handshakes, large gatherings and close quarters.
BKS Will Be Conducting Daily Staff Health Checks
- At BKS will be monitoring the health of their staff members by conducting daily health checks. This includes screening, temperature checks, & employee training.
BKS Maintenance Staff Is Actively Disinfecting “High-Touch” Surfaces
- BKS maintenance staff will be taking Additional sanitation action to disinfect high-traffic and high-touch areas daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, telephones, mobiles, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- We have added additional sanitizing stations throughout the facility. Although our cleaning protocols have always been important, we have increased the amount of routine cleaning, with a focus on high-touch surfaces and common areas.
Encouraging All Productions to Work With Only Key Members and Crew
- BKS encourages productions to only work with key members and crew to help limit the amount of people in one production. Same goes for the artists. No entourages please.
Individualized Craft Service during Production
- Only individualized craft services are recommended. This will keep down the presence of any open food and will limit the amount of high touch and high gathering areas within the studio.
- Also, while seated, production crew members are asked to maintain the 6 foot “Social Distancing” between each other.
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
When do you foresee being able to shoot at your studio?
BKS Studios is currently 100% Open and ready to go!
We are wondering what your availability would be in the coming weeks?
Currently we have plenty of availability and are ready for your work!
What safety precautions do you plan to take for upcoming shoots?
- Production Crew and BKS Staff Must Wear a Face Mask at All Times
- Production Crew and BKS Staff Members Must Practice Social Distancing
- BKS Studios Will Be Conducting Daily Staff Health Checks
- BKS Maintenance Staff Is Actively Disinfecting “High-Touch” Surfaces
- Enhanced Sanitization
- Encouraging All Productions to Work With Only Key Members and Crew Individualized Craft Service during Production
- Please refer to the BKS Studios 7 Point Guidelines for further information
What is the largest amount of crew members we can have on set?
Because BKS is so big, you can decide the safe amount of people to have in every area at any given time. This means you can have as much or as little crew members on set or support areas while still adhering to the social distancing guidelines.
In order to limit people on set would you be able to set up a feed for clients so they can see what is happening on set?
BKS can provide you with a space for you to set up a feed for your clients.
Do you have equipment in the house?
Yes, we do not have equipment in house. We can book the stage and we will be more than happy to help you source your equipment, crew, crafty, catering, etc.
Do you have a studio crew that we could use?
BKS will be happy to help you assemble the right crew for the right job. Once you have booked a Stage we can help you with crewing, as we have various crew personnel that we tend to work with and know the studio very well.
How large is your studio?
BKS has 16.000 square feet of an independently owned Television, Film, Photography, Rehearsal, and Events Facility in Miami.
We have 14 audio recording studios, 1 Sound Stage, 1 cyclorama wall, 1 green screen, 1 kitchen studio set, private parking lot, talk show set, Green Screens, and a private carpentry to build any stage.
Are there designated areas we could keep people to limit contact?
Yes, we have many support areas in all building. Every studio, office, sound stage comes with ample support areas. The support areas vary depending on the stage but all will have plenty of space for you to designate and isolate your different departments.
What cleaning precautions can you take before and during the shoot to promote safety for all crew?
The BKS cleaning and maintenance staff clean and disinfect all areas prior to your arrival and after each person leaves, as it has always been done. Additionally, we will be implementing special COVID-19 action to disinfect high-traffic and high-touch areas daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
What is the day rate for the studio?
The day rate varies as we have various stages to choose from. Please let us know the following to help narrow down what stage would work best for your production and from there we can send you the daily rates for those stages.
- Is there a target budget that you need to meet?
- What type of production is this for? (Music video, live stream, documentary, interview, photoshoot, live, etc.)
- How many people will you have on set (artist and crew)?
- Will you be using water?
- Will you need a green screen?
- Company name?
- Project name?
- How much space would you need?
- Please write to email@example.com and provide any further additional information about your production that you would like.
What is rate for equipment/crew/etc?
The rate will not depend on us, it will depend on exactly what you need and the rates of our local vendors and local crew personnel. Once you have booked the stage we will be more than happy to help you outsource equipment, crew, etc.
Who is responsible for cleaning the equipment used?
BKS Team will clean all equipment.
What guidelines do you have for the hair & makeup person?
- BARBICIDE® COVID-19 Certification is Required
- Masks & Gloves (Face Shield Upon Request)
- Use of disposable make-up kits and brushes and dispose of the kit after each application.
- Mix make-up on a disposable palette and use only one brush, applicator, etc. per actor.
- Clean hairbrushes and combs and reusable make-up brushes with appropriate disinfecting solutions.
- Use disposable items as much as possible.
What guidelines do you have for crew that are on set?
Each production that hires their own crew is responsible to implement their appropriate guidelines. The only BKS requirement is that EVERYONE entering the premises must wear a mask or face covering in common areas AT ALL TIMES. (Production and/or individuals need to provide). And we ask that you practice social distancing whenever possible, of course.
We can also provide the entire crew for your project. Let us know your dreams and we will make come true!